ANSWERS: 1
  • In 1851, Wilson Spruill donated five acres (two hectares) of land for the founding of the Sandy Springs United Methodist Church near the sandy spring for which the city is named. Later, in 1905 the Hammond School was built at Historic ferries of the Atlanta areaJohnson Ferry Road and Mt. Vernon Highway, across the street from the church. After World War II, Sandy Springs experienced a housing boom, bringing new residents and major land development. In the 1960s and 1970s Georgia 400 and Interstate 285 connected Sandy Springs to metro Atlanta. Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_Springs%2C_Georgia

Copyright 2018, Wired Ivy, LLC

Answerbag | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy