• Right or wrong homsexuality will in general not be embraced here is Scotland just due to the culture
  • people are just getting more open towards things.
  • Because Governments/Law makers just dont have the guts to say its wrong
  • Population pressure. We don't need as many breeders. happens in rodents, and many other crowed mammals, the more they rub shoulders the higher the % climbs. It is a natural effect of density.
  • I believe it is politically incorrect to say anything is WRONG. It is still, as always, very p.c. to say "I PERSOANLLY BELIEVE homosexuality goes against what the Bible teaches us and therefore I FEEL it is wrong". . The key here is not claiming to have the right to claim absolute truth for your personal opinion or to disparage al other opinions. . I think people have a better understanding of homosexuality than when I was growing up and are much more tolerant in general, so you are finding less and less people agreeing with you, but I don't beleive that should be confused with it being or not being p.c.
  • Because it is not wrong. If you do not like it, then dont engage in it. You do not need to change the world, just yourself.
  • Because it was accepted like a state of being (being homosexual), not anymore like an action/behavior (doing a homosexual act).. my explication are hard to understand.. but anyway others will explains better than me :P
  • Like every other special interest group, they get in your face and don't get out until they wear you down. If given the choice to voice their true opinion without being named, most people would not embrace homosexuality. I have lost respect for those who shut up, just go along and don't rock the boat. NO MORE PC. I personally don't care what anyone does in private. It's when it's 'in your face' behavior, than I care. So is answering the question honestly being politically incorrect?
  • Because society is growing up. A lot of folks have come to comprehend that when it comes to hating, they'll use anything to justify their hatred. No one forces you to be homosexual. No one forces me to go to church, (anymore). But I do get tired of Religious Fanatics telling me I HAVE to abide by the rules they themselves cannot abide by. Got Ted Haggard?
  • It is not politically incorrect to say it is wrong; it is morally incorrect to say it is wrong.
  • Homosexuals generally don't have children and live in large, cosmopolitan cities in which the large media outlets exist. This combination of extra money, extra time, and an active interest in promoting their agenda through legislation and political pressure has worked to remove a lot of the stigma that was once the norm. If you believe that homosexuality is wrong, you shouldn't apologize for it. I could care less what two people do in their bedroom, but I do have issues with the way in which gays have attempted to use political correctness to straight-jacket anyone who disapproves of their "lifestyle." Anyway, that's why every single tv show in the world now has several gay characters.
  • Homosexuality isn't so much being embraced by society as it IS society--at least a tenth of it. And it should ALWAYS be incorrect--illogical, even--to tell that many people they're "wrong" simply because they exist. PC has nothing to do with it. It is what it is and it doesn't matter what you feel or believe or make into law, because it doesn't change the way people ARE. So you can either embrace reality or go down that old god-forsaken path of trying to legislate your own particular version of morality.
  • Hatred and bigotry are no longer fashionable, neither is burning witches. Some people are evolving and sadly some are not. That's one of the problems with living your life by the rules of a book written 1445 B.C.
  • I don't care at all about "politically correct". There should only be people...it shouldn't matter if a person is man/woman, black/white/yellow/purple/whatever, straight/gay....it should just be a person...are they a good person or not? It's almost 2010 now...why haven't we gotten past all the other crap yet?
  • Because international forces want to destroy a white, christian society.
  • Because it ain't? ;-)
  • Because the government doesn't belong in anyone's bedroom - that's what is wrong.
  • Because it actually is incorrect to say that it is wrong. It may not be your personal taste or choice, but there is nothing wrong about homosexuality. It causes no more harm than heterosexuality - both forms have the possibility for great harm and great happiness.
  • its wrong for me cos im not gay, anyone else i dont care its thier choice
  • Who cares! Everyone has a right to be who they want, feel how they want! Its like you can choose you religion, choose who you want to be, where you live etc! Let people Be without judging them!
  • Complaining about "political correctness" is just the new way of complaining that no one agrees with your archaic worldviews anymore. I guess its supposed to make people feel like they're some sort of freedom fighter.
  • Because for some reason as time passes people tend to feel it's "OK" for things to change whether it be bad or good and just accept it. Rules and Laws are still laws - but when you have new people who don't agree with them they change them to conform to their lifestyle. Homosexuality is wrong to me and always will be. No one or no law will ever alter what I believe is right. When you're wrong you're wrong and it is as simple as that. When the day comes that Society determines where I go when I die - then maybe my tune will change.
  • +4 Good question. . It's another sad example of modern western people's need to feel that they are balanced rounded, individuals emotionally and psychologically. . The zeal with which they appear to champion the desirability of homosexuality is a complete over compensation for something else that they feel is defficient in their character or make up. It's almost a form of catharsism whereby if they make themselves utterly intolerant of anything even slightly opposed to homosexuality it balances out some other shortcoming in their character. . It's getting to the point now where you can't say anything positive about hetrosexual relationships, not because it offends homosexuals but because it offends straight homosexuality crusaders. . I suppose in these enlightened times homosexuality should be acceptable but it shouldn't be desirable.
  • Because it is not wrong. To say it is would be more offensive than politically incorrect. It is not so much being embraced by society than society is finally starting to shed some of its prejudiced and misguided beliefs. Judgment and condemnation of others is wrong (surely the bible speaks to this), homosexuality is not.
  • Regardless of how you feel about homosexuality, there is a larger question at hand. That is, who should have the authority to create and define a person's family? If you believe this right lies with the individual, than you really don't have a leg to stand on when it comes to homosexuality.
  • Nick. . I see that most of the answers here are proving the validity of your question without actually answering it. It's mainly people giving a bunch of reasons why they believe (correction: why they are absolutely certain)that homosexuality is perfectly fine in this enlightened age. To the point in fact, that in many of the answers there is a noticeable undercurrent of intolerance of any position that doesn't embrace the virtues of homosexuality. It appears that tolerance isn't universally applied by many of those that preach it so fervently in support of homosexuality. It doesn't seem to be on offer to anybody that has an opposing view. . Perhaps somebody that doesn't think that homosexuality is the best thing since sliced bread might get some more sympathy here if they could demonstrate that their opinion was a genetic trait and that they were born that way. Sounds logical doesn't it. I mean if the argument works for homosexuality and pressumably therefore by extension paedophilia, beastiality et al, then it should provide some justification for somebody that dares to hold the heinous view that homosexuality might not actually be the holy grail that human society should be seeking and glorifying. . I don't really have an answer to your question. Perhaps it's simply a fad that society has unfortunately acquired and maybe this notion that being a champion for homosexuality and having 'loads of gay friends' has some chic attached to it, will pass in time. Your question is a valid one though and it's probably good that you asked it now while you still can. If society becomes any more 'enlightened' you might be in danger of being burned at the stake for asking it in the not too distant future. . It's to be hoped that in the PC world of the future where it will be compulsory for everybody to be a non caucasion handicapped homosexual vegetarian non smoker, those enlightened souls spare a thought for the generations before them that had to suffer the indignity of hetrosexual marriages so that their children and grandchildren wouldn't have to.
  • I don't think it is being embraced, it is more like it is being made irrelevant. Why should anyone care what you do in the bedroom?