• Is the person you married from Ecuador? As long as you have a copy of your marriage certificate, it is legal in the USA. If you wish to get a divorce in the USA all you need do is for you and your spouse to fill out the divorce papers and showing how property was divided. Both must sign the papers. Then file them with the county offices where you live in the USA. One of you must show up on the date of the divorce hearing and attest to the desires of divorcement and property settlement. The judge may ask a couple of questions then grant the divorce. If there are children involved this will cause additional paperwork and custody agreements. This is how my Canadian wife and I divorced as I am a U.S. citizen. I was there she was not. There were no children involved.

Copyright 2023, Wired Ivy, LLC

Answerbag | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy