• Take your letter and yourself to a notary public.
  • I checked on this question out of curiosity, because I'd hoped to inquire in a comment thread as to the purpose of the suit, perhaps to better clarify how to answer. My best guess is you'd be best served in seeking out a Notary Public to inquire if they'd be able to direct you at least. Below is an excerpt from the Wikipedia entry for Notary Public followed by a link to said entry; "A notary public (or notary or public notary) is a public officer constituted by law to serve the public in non-contentious matters usually concerned with estates, deeds, powers-of-attorney, and foreign and international business. A notary's main functions are to administer oaths and affirmations, take affidavits and statutory declarations, witness and authenticate the execution of certain classes of documents, take acknowledgements of deeds and other conveyances, protest notes and bills of exchange, provide notice of foreign drafts, prepare marine protests in cases of damage, provide exemplifications and notarial copies, and perform certain other official acts depending on the jurisdiction[1]. Any such act is known as a notarization. The term notary public only refers to common-law notaries and should not be confused with civil-law notaries." Hope this helps.
  • Do nothing. The cost is so much for what you would receieve, that it's not worth doing anything. You need not file crap and wait for that $0.44 check to come in 6-9 months. The lawyers will get the biggest part of the lawsuit, you get diddly squat.

Copyright 2023, Wired Ivy, LLC

Answerbag | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy