• It would be hard to do. Fathers have a right to the Surname. I know it sounds stupid and very 18th century but its true. I have seen Fathers change the Surname with out the mothers consent and she didn't even know about it until it was already done! If you have a no contact order against him, it might change things and you maybe can do it if you find a lawyer that can help you. But I don't know if the change would stick because the father might be able to change it back, even without you knowing.

Copyright 2020, Wired Ivy, LLC

Answerbag | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy