• It depends on the company. Some companies do have thier guards armed, some do not.
  • An armed security guard may carry a weapon but in most cases they must have training and gun permit yo do so. It is a great liability to the guard and can result in being charged with assualt or aother crime that has a gun involved if used unwisely. Mr Bill
  • It is state by state and company by company. Here in Texas we have both.
  • In some states, yes.
  • My father works for Air traffic control and he carries one;)
  • Typically you have to go through some sort of firearms safety course before the company will permit you to carry, this is for liability reasons. There are occasionally other restrictions from company to company. As an example, where I live there are two companies, one places effectively no restrictions (aside from no rifles) on what you may carry, revolver, auto, whatever pistol you want if you have somethign other than company issue you wish to use that is fine. The other company restricts their personnel to either a company issued Glock or if you have a personal gun it must be .45 ACP or .40 S&W autoloader, double action only (ie, no 1911, Hi Power, or similar single action).
  • No we call them flashlight cops :)
  • YES WITH A PERMIT
  • It depends on the state where you live. In Texas, there are commissioned (armed) and non-commissioned (unarmed) security guards. To be commissioned, you need to take a 40-hour training course on the use of lethal force, sliding scale of force, Texas law governing security guards and security companies, and basic marksmanship. Security companies that employ armed guards set the rules for what may be carried. I used to be a commissioned security guard. One company I almost worked for only allowed revolvers loaded with .38 Special FMJ rounds. Hollowpoints were deemed too dangerous from a liability standpoint.